Big Cat Rescue’s Anti Harassment Policy
It is the policy of Big Cat Rescue Corp. to promote a productive work environment and not to tolerate verbal or physical conduct by any employee that harasses, disrupts, or interferes with another’s work performance or that creates an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment.
(1) Employees are expected to maintain a productive work environment that is free from harassing or disruptive activity. No form of harassment will be tolerated, including harassment for the following reasons: race, national origin, religion, disability, pregnancy, age, military status, or sex. Special attention should be paid to the prohibition of sexual harassment.
(2) Each supervisor has a responsibility to keep the workplace free of any form of harassment, and in particular, sexual harassment. No supervisor is to threaten or insinuate, either explicitly or implicitly, that an employee’s refusal or willingness to submit to sexual advances will affect the employee’s terms or conditions of employment.
(3) Other sexually harassing or offensive conduct in the workplace, whether committed by supervisors, managers, nonsupervisory employees, or nonemployees, is also prohibited. This conduct includes:
- Unwanted physical contact or conduct of any kind, including sexual flirtations, touching, advances, or propositions;
- Verbal harassment of a sexual nature, such as lewd comments, sexual jokes or references, and offensive personal references;
- Demeaning, insulting, intimidating, or sexually suggestive comments about an individual;
- The display in the workplace of demeaning, insulting, intimidating, or sexually suggestive objects, pictures, or photographs;
- Demeaning, insulting, intimidating, or sexually suggestive written, recorded, or electronically transmitted messages (such as email, instant messaging, and Internet materials).
Any of the above conduct, or other offensive conduct, directed at individuals because of their race, sex, national origin, religion, disability, pregnancy, age, or military status is also prohibited.
Any employee who believes that a supervisor’s, other employee’s, or nonemployee’s actions or words constitute unwelcome harassment has a responsibility to report or complain about the situation as soon as possible. The report or complaint should be made directly to the President.
All complaints of harassment will be investigated promptly and in as impartial and confidential a manner as possible. Employees are required to cooperate in any investigation. A timely resolution of each complaint should be reached and communicated to the parties involved.
Any employee or supervisor who is found to have violated the harassment policy will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination. The Company prohibits any form of retaliation against employees for bringing bona fide complaints or providing information about harassment.