Your Discarded Ink Cartridges, Laser Toners and Cell Phones
Can Save Discarded Tigers And Other Big Cats!
YOU CAN DONATE TO BIG CAT RESCUE AND HELP SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT
ALL AT NO COST TO YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION!
RECYCLE YOUR INK JET CARTRIDGES, TONERS and CELL PHONES
Big Cat Rescue works with a recycler. You can help our environment by recycling that generates donations to Big Cat Rescue. For each item received, the vendor sends us a donation, typically from $.10 to $1.00 on inkjet cartridges. laser toners and cell phones. Through the wonderful participation of many individual and business supporters, this program has generated over $50,000 to help care for the cats!
Recycling is very simple. Email us at [email protected] with your postal address. We will have our Erie, PA vendor send you 5 prepaid UPS labels. They can be put on a box and brought to any UPS drop off location. The box can also be given to a UPS driver when they deliver to a business.
We have changed recycle vendors, so please discontinue using any USPS prepaid plastic remailer bags or FedEx labels with a CA address!
PLEASE NOTE TWO IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS:
1) Minimum shipping quantities .
Minimum quantity for returns in a carton is 18 inkjets OR 8 laser toners (in OEM cartons), OR 8 cell phones or a combination of these. You may mix them, but please wrap inkjets/phones/toners separately within the returned carton.
It is only economical for the vendor if you save up until you have a minimum of 18 cartridges. Otherwise the cost exceeds the value and it does not help. If you have only a few inkjets, phones or toners and would like to donate to BCR, they may be mailed to us (address below); we’ll send them back in our bulk shipments.
2) Accepted kinds of ink cartridges, laser toners and cell phones . Many kinds of cartridges, toners and cell phones are recyclable. To see if what you have is on the list, please visit http://www.BigCatRecycle.com. If you send in items that are not recyclable we do not receive any funds.
For school projects and organization participation please contact [email protected].
This is a wonderful way to help the cats and save the environment at the same time at no cost to you. Thanks very much for supporting the cats in this way!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE OTHERS YOU KNOW TO PARTICIPATE AS WELL!
If you have any questions or problems, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll do our best to help. Thanks!
Note to Recyclers
Thanks for your interest in our ink recycling program to generate funds to help feed the cats. We are very excited that in addition to inkjets and laser cartridges, small electronics can now be recycled: digital cameras, GPSs, iPods and cell phones…check out the current listings!
1. You will get several yellow PREPAID UPS RETURN LABELS for a facility in ERIE, PA. A code on each label identifies Big Cat Rescue. (do not use any old plastic remailers or FedEx labels.)
Please provide your U.S. Mailing Address if you haven’t so labels can be mailed to you.
2. The returns must be “bulk” and all MUST BE ACCEPTABLE BRANDS (most are). The list changes periodically. You can access a current version at: www.BigCatRecycle.com
3. Minimum quantity for returns in a carton is 18 inkjets OR 8 laser toners (in OEM cartons), fewer, if VERY large. OR 8 cell phones or a combination of these. You can mix them, but please wrap inkjets/phones/toners/etc separately within the returned carton. Electronics can also be included in your shipment.
4. Cartons must be no larger than 20″W x 20″H x 24″D and no heavier than 40 pounds.
5. Damaged items do not qualify, please carefully pack items using bubble wrap or newspaper as a cushion between items; use the original toner boxes when available.
6. Tape the box shut when full, affix the yellow UPS label on top and leave it at a UPS pickup or give to a driver when he delivers. Do not call UPS for a pickup; they charge $10 per call!
7. Please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions: [email protected] or leave me a message at our main office, extension “0”.
Our recycling program generates enough to care for two of our tigers for a year! We hope to continue this success with your help!
We so appreciate your help with the program!
** If you have only a few inkjets, phones or toners and would like to donate to BCR, they may be mailed to us at Big Cat Rescue 12802 Easy St Tampa, FL 33625 we’ll send them back in our bulk shipments.**
The cats all join in a BIG THANK YOU for helping them and caring!!!
Did you know these recycle facts?
More than 54 million households, roughly 55% of the total population, own a home computer.
The average consumer purchases 2-6 printer cartridges per year.
More than 85% of used printer cartridges are simply tossed in the trash.
Every 2 seconds a printer cartridge is thrown away in the United States alone.
That’s 1,800 cartridges per minute, 108,000 per hour, almost 3 million per day!
Recovering discarded printer cartridges for recycling would prevent more than 570,000 tons of plastics from entering the waste stream. Save the environment and save the big cats! Start recycling today!