- Geoffroy cats occupy a wide variety of habitats, from the pampas grasslands and arid Chaco shrub and woodlands, up to alpine saline deserts. It is absent from tropical rain forests, broad-leaved forests, and open areas. It occupies the same areas as the Pampas Cat, but the Geoffroy cats stick to dense ground cover which separates the two ecologically. Distribution: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
- Keisha Tiger’s vacation is over and she has been moved back to her own enclosure. She has been quite busy checking out all the new ‘scents’ that Zeus left in her ‘home’ while she was away on vacation. LOL, remember, while Zeus was on vacation Keisha got to enjoy having the tunnel opened between her enclosure and his. She had a blast checking out Zeus’ enclosure and marking it as hers. Poor Zeus had to spend his first couple days home from his vacation finding all of Keisha’s markings and re-marking over them. Well, while Keisha was on vacation he graciously returned the ‘kindness’ and ‘redecorated her ‘home’ just as she had his.
- Not quite a tiger but still burning bright in the forest of the night
- Happy Monday from Reno, the Leopard
- Is Raindance the only one who needs an afternoon nap? BigCatRescue.org
- Check out the results of the live interview with Gale, master keeper at Big Cat Rescue http://ift.tt/1sXU9u4
- Cody cougar is having a roaring great weekend, how about you?
- Bobcats love perching up in a tree so they can see the dinner cart before anyone else can. www.BigCatRescue.org
- Nikita Tiger – Can you name all the sub-species of tigers? ENDANGERED: Bengal Tiger, Siberian (Amurian) Tiger, Sumatran Tiger, Indo-Chinese Tiger, Malayan Tiger, South China Tiger EXTINCT: Javan Tiger and Bali Tiger Caspian Tiger – formerly thought to be extinct since the early 1970’s
- Oh, it is #MONDAY. Been napping all morning so must wake up, Wake Up, WAKE UP! There are keepers to stalk, lizards to chase, Armani Leopard to tease, tour guests to watch, and treats to be had.