- Geoffroy cats occupy a wide variety of habitats, from the pampas grasslands and arid Chaco shrub and woodlands, up to alpine saline deserts. It is absent from tropical rain forests, broad-leaved forests, and open areas. It occupies the same areas as the Pampas Cat, but the Geoffroy cats stick to dense ground cover which separates the two ecologically. Distribution: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
- Keisha Tiger’s vacation is over and she has been moved back to her own enclosure. She has been quite busy checking out all the new ‘scents’ that Zeus left in her ‘home’ while she was away on vacation. LOL, remember, while Zeus was on vacation Keisha got to enjoy having the tunnel opened between her enclosure and his. She had a blast checking out Zeus’ enclosure and marking it as hers. Poor Zeus had to spend his first couple days home from his vacation finding all of Keisha’s markings and re-marking over them. Well, while Keisha was on vacation he graciously returned the ‘kindness’ and ‘redecorated her ‘home’ just as she had his.
- Mickey has been moved back outside. For the next few months he will only have access to one section of his enclosure. A special den was built by the Holley’s this past weekend so he can get out of the rain easily. Dr. Hay said that if everything goes well Mickey should be healed in 2-3 months. During the next few weeks we need to make sure Mickey is as calm and restful as possible. AND Watch BBC Documentary on the American Tiger http://ift.tt/WQ84pv
- Not quite a tiger but still burning bright in the forest of the night
- Cody cougar is having a roaring great weekend, how about you?
- Did everyone have a grrrreat weekend?
- Joseph is just “LION” around enjoying the day. BigCatRescue.org
- Is Raindance the only one who needs an afternoon nap? BigCatRescue.org