- Eye of the tiger! … Shere Khan’s to be exact :) #tiger #eyeofthetiger #sherekhan #bigcatrescue #beautiful #nature #cats
- China Doll #tiger #pretty #beautiful #nature #bigcat
- Today at Big Cat Rescue – Video – http://ift.tt/1CxQ0RP The last video of Shere Khan, Gale demonstrates a hover mat for moving big cats in the hospital, moving Sabre Leopard, playing with foster kittens, more of moving Sabre, moving Reno Leopard and getting Mickey Cougar ready for his appointment with a specialist. This video did not upload correctly and is missing the last half, where Mickey was moved into the Cat Hospital. Stay tuned.
- Shere Khan’s up to no good! :) #aprilfoolsday #tiger #prank #photoshopped
- Shere Khan, then and now (750lb!!) #tiger #cub #huge #largest
- Shere Khan had stopped eating and was barely taking any of his meds. We knew this day was coming, and sadly, we had to make the decision to end his suffering. His blood results in February indicated he had kidney disease. More blood was collected today to send to the lab for testing. His necropsy showed that he had advanced kidney disease and significant arthritis in his knee. Thank you to everyone for helping us to give him nearly 20 years of happiness. His memorial page is here: http://ift.tt/1xhUBaH
- Happy Belated Birthday to Nikita Tiger. Born 8/20/1995 Rescued 10/21/2007 Nik, short for Nikita, is a very large tiger comparable in size to the massive Shere Khan. He is very shy and spends most of his time napping by the lake. When Nik first arrived, he was very elusive and would often hide in his den when keepers approached his enclosure. Gradually he became more and more curious about the new people in his life and would peer out the doorway to the den and watch everyone very closely. He has now warmed up a great deal and is even on the Feeding Tour because he is so friendly to guests. Read More: http://ift.tt/1pW6Jsf
- Less than 24 hours remain until the ROARING Big Cat Leap!! Tomorrow, five of the sanctuary’s interns will be jumping from 15,000 feet to raise money to help fund construction of a new hospital for the magnificent creatures that call Big Cat Rescue home. The Big Cat Intern team has raised an amazing $5337.00 (thanks to generous BCR supporters!) towards helping fund the estimated $100,000 cost of the new hospital. (Building, 3 Phase Power Supply, Permits, etc.) Please donate whatever you can towards this amazing cause and be part of saving the lives of big cats. http://ift.tt/1ohlp0b You can also mail or drop off your donation at Big Cat Rescue, 12802 Easy Street, Tampa, Fl, 33625. Donations of $500 or more will be recognized via a sign and ceramic tile that will be installed at the sanctuary. The sanctuary’s donor recognition signs and tiles are viewed by 32,000 annual visitors, a great way to promote your business. The sanctuary will also be recognizing all of our large donors via the sanctuary’s media outlets, which collectively reach over 2 million people. Thank you from the cats!