Lauren Buckingham's Coordinator Notes for 4/9/2018
We had a great day today with plenty of volunteers. Myself and Kathryn were extremely appreciative to everyone that chipped in to make it a very productive day.
The first day of Panacur went smoothly with only a few picky cats we had to go back to.
Feeding, cleaning and food prep were all done by lunch.
We got a lot of projects done today. Vanessa and MC were our main project team and were on the go all day. Sarah C and Jocelin also stayed long after cleaning to help out with projects in the afternoon.
- Cam & Zabu's open air section was mowed and weed-eated
- The second half of Gingergs enclosure was cleaned top to bottom
- Myself & Kathryn took down the additional lockout on the lake side of Cam & Zabu's cage and also did some patchwork on the remaining lockout.
- Sarah C and Jocelin helped us dirt the area the lockout had been removed from and also load up the wire, door etc to take up front.
- The lake bank was weed-eated from the barn, down the back of the Texas 3, by the land bridge and down to in front of Kali
- The Interns not on tours in the PM weed-eated the lake bank behind Max & Mary Ann to the solar panels, also the opposite side of the tour path.
- Last thing in the evening MC went and weeded and tidied up around Vern's memorial
In addition to all of this everyone pulled together to unload a mush truck of 200 cases midday. (6,000 pounds)
We got a water delivery.
Cicles were handed out in addition to other enrichment items so the cats were happy.
Food was pulled for food prep