Big Cat Updates
Today Dr. Justin saw both Divinity Bobcat and Max Bobcat. Divinity will turn 22 next month and has never had to be sedated since arriving in 1995. She had shown signs of chewing tentatively, and we discovered all of her upper molars were rotten and had to be removed. Max had two bad molars removed and a mass was found on his stomach. Samples were drawn and are being sent out to a lab for analysis. Both cats did well under anesthesia and are waking up well.
Divinity is NOT liking the Cat Hospital recovery cage, at all. Max is a little more tolerant. Both should be able to go home tomorrow.
Give Day Tampa 2017
ROAR: EARLY DONATIONS FOR GIVE DAY TAMPA BAY have begun!!
Give Day Tampa Bay is an online giving event in our community taking place May 2. For the first time Give Day Tampa Bay is accepting early donations –beginning TODAY April 18!
Your much-appreciated online donation to Big Cat Rescue from April 18 to May 2 will help us reach our goal of $61,000 for our cats – AND help us win up to $12,000 in cash prizes!
PLUS this year Big Cat Rescue is thrilled to announce that, thanks to an amazing donor, we have a $39,000 match! So, every dollar you donate to our cats between April 18 and May 2 will be matched dollar for dollar up to $39,000.
We will use your generous gifts this year for two very important purposes:
- The first is to purchase and renovate a building to be used as the recovery area for injured rehab bobcats so they can quietly recuperate after surgery. It will have four rooms and can also serve as an overflow recovery area for our other cats. This building will be located near our new state-of-the-art bobcat rehab area and will cost approximately $31,000.
- The second purpose will be to purchase new transport cages for our biggest cats. We desperately need new cages to bring rescued tigers, lions, leopards and cougars to our sanctuary. Our old ones can no longer be repaired after years of wear and tear. We will also use the new cages to transport the big cats within the sanctuary and to/from our Windsong Memorial hospital when they need medical attention. The cost to purchase four new transports is $30,000.
Can our cats count on you again this year to reach our goal of $61,000?
Make your tax-deductible gift of $5 or more to Big Cat Rescue by credit or debit card here: https://www.razoo.com/story/B9u50f
Thank you for supporting Big Cat Rescue so generously and for making Give Day Tampa Bay such a GRRREAT success for our cats!!
Prefer to send Big Cat Rescue a check rather than donating online? The Give Day Tampa Bay rules say we MUST receive your check at our sanctuary by April 30. Please make your check out to Big Cat Rescue, make sure to write “Give Day Tampa Bay” on the memo line, and mail your donation to Howard Baskin, Big Cat Rescue, 12802 Easy Street, Tampa, FL 33625.
Do YOU belong to any “Cat Groups” on Facebook that YOU THINK we should join and be posting in about the cats, the sanctuary, and big cat issues?
If yes, PLEASE, email a description of the group and the link for us to join the Facebook group to email@example.com
Keeper Rebecca Williams: The look Zimba gave me when I had finished giving him treats.
Keepers, Regina, Momma Becky, and Honey, chasing a snake. (Non-poisonous water snake) LOL, hear Carole scream.
Following Keeper Momma Becky on the meds route.
Medical Procedures this morning:
Divinity was having trouble chewing so she was getting a dental.
The following pages have been updated.
When you purr-ticipate in Carole’s Facebook Live contest you need to put your answers in the special form at BigCatRescue.org/win
Question: How many cats were rescued along with Tiger Lilly Bobcat?
Prize Chosen: Sue chose to donate her gift back to the cats.
Wildcat Walkabout 2014 April 22 includes happy rain dance by Carole, moving Hoover Tiger to Vacation Rotation and evening meds w/ Angie.
Viewer Photos of Keeper Karma and some of the foster kittens.
Viewer Wolfgang Endlicher:
Maybe choose Divinity Bobcat? https://big-cat-rescue.myshopify.com/products/bobcat-sponsorship
ONE: Thousands of Big Cats Are Suffering in Inhumane Roadside Zoos Across the U.S.
Congress can put an end to this cruelty by passing the newly reintroduced Big Cat Public Safety Act.
Here is a list of YouTube channels that feature videos of the cats here:
- Jamie Veronica: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY6X3rUv8UlIUbrxNeu-Aw
- Susann https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUFOZiTvzKRvj-oVbzdByvg
- Ruxandra https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvCsjKptd1gM9BhfDkGQGNg
- Donna P: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFbhMc8Sqr-8MreWuYr4Bg
- Shawna https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfl9S-vDPJIgjl8QpM6Aypw
- Cathy S https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ynHBFLKj0BVnK5jo2gTnw
- Janie M https://www.youtube.com/user/donutgirl100
Carole is looking for a graphic artist who really gets what we are all about and would would like to help us with some graphics for shirts. If that is you or if you know someone like that, please have them email Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org
As per viewer suggestions, Quick Links now has it’s very own page http://bigcatrescue.org/quick-links/
Bookmarking it will help you find things quickly. That will come in handy for:
- Helping us answer questions on social media
- Finding answers to some of Carole’s Facebook Live questions