Ellen’s going to the dogs!…and cats!
Fantastic news for pet lovers who are fans of Ellen DeGeneres and who want to feed their pet a premium food…Ellen will soon release an all natural pet food line.
Ellen has become a partner in Halo Pet Foods – a company that has produced a high quality canned pet food line for years – known as Spot’s Stew – using premium human quality ingredients. The company just introduced a new dry food version of Spot’s Stew that has many health promoting ingredients.
No word on the ingredients for Ellen’s new food line yet – but a recent report from showbizspy.com tells us all ingredients will be human grade (Ellen hasn’t tasted the food yet, but she says ‘her people’ have) – “The pet food is completely natural — so it’s suitable for even the most pampered pets. “People love their animals so much so that they put little clothes on them and necklaces and booties and things like that,” said Ellen. “And if you love your animal, then you should feed them something that’s not dangerous for them.”
Here is what I’m hoping her new food line will provide to pets…
1. Human Grade/Quality meats. Yes, meats used in pet food can be of the same quality that you would buy at the grocery – or from a far less quality of left over meat products that most pet owners wouldn’t consider feeding their pets (chicken feet, cow intestines, and even worse! – otherwise known as by-products or by-product meal). From the promotional information I’ve read so far, it seems her pet food line (as well as other Halo products) will be made from human quality meats.
2. Chelated or Proteinated Minerals. Minerals are a necessary part a pet’s diet – yet ‘as is’ minerals are difficult for the pet to absorb and utilize. Science has developed a method of introducing the minerals into the body – chelating or proteinating – that increases the absorption up to 40%. Chelated or Proteinated Copper, Iron, and Zinc (as well as other minerals) greatly benefits the pet.
3. Probiotics. This is known as ‘friendly bacteria’ – and the benefit to pets is tremendous. The majority of a pet’s immune system is located in the intestinal system. So – if you keep the intestines healthy and working properly, the stronger the immune system is. Probiotics or friendly bacteria does just that.
4. Antioxidants. Fighting those ‘free radicals’ are just as important to pets as they are to humans. Some pet food lines bother to spend a little more on ingredients that provide the pet with powerful antioxidants. The source of antioxidants can come from fruit and vegetable ingredients or from a supplement – typically grape seed extract (FYI – grapes ARE toxic to pets – but grape seed extract is NOT).
5. All U.S. Ingredients. Ok, I’ll give you the exception of lamb and/or venison from New Zealand – but I’d prefer to see a food with all the rest of the ingredients from U.S. manufacturers – especially nothing from China!
Well Ellen, pet owners will be waiting to see your new pet food line. I think you’re a class act that really cares about everything you do – my guess is that you will continue that tradition and this is going to be a GREAT pet food.
Wishing you and your pet the best,
Truth About Pet Food
More articles on pet foods and pet treats can be found here: http://www.TruthAboutPetFood.com/PawsClub.html
All rights reserved PPC Publications.
Help Big Cat Rescue
Learn which dog foods, cat foods, and pet treats
Contain risky and inferior ingredients
And which pet foods contain the highest quality ingredients.
A full one year subscription of Petsumer Report™ Online costs less than $1.50 per month. That’s cheaper than the cost of one cup of coffee a month! About $.03 cents per review for just the existing pet food and treat reviews (as of August 2008 there are over 700 pet foods and treats reviewed). Forty plus reviews are added each month. By the time your year subscription expires there will be well over 1000 reviews of dog foods, cat foods, dog and cat treats, and soon pet toys and other pet supplies.
$17.95 for a one year online subscription.
$5.00 of every sale goes directly to Big Cat Rescue.
Help Big Cat Rescue and learn the Truth about Pet Food! Nutrition is one of the most neglected areas of pet care. Modern veterinary science tells us that the average size dog (30 pounds) should have a life span of 25 years and the average size cat should have a life span of 30 years. Sadly, we lose them far earlier. Genetics, environment, and nutrition – or lack of nutrition – all plays a role in the life expectancy of your pet. Improve your pet’s diet – improve their health and extend their life span.
Pet Food meat ingredients come from two VERY different categories or classifications…Pet grade/quality ingredients (which can be diseased or sick animals or animal parts rejected for use in human food) or Human grade/quality ingredients.
Do you know which your pet is eating?
Pet foods and Treats can legally contain chemical preservatives linked to cancer and tumors.
Do you know if they are in your
pet’s food or treats?
Many pet food manufacturers import pet food ingredients outside the US – from countries with little to no government regulations or quality control.
Do you know if any ingredient in your pet’s food
comes from outside the US?
Petsumer Report Does!
Let Petsumer Report help you find which pet foods DON’T use risky or inferior ingredients AND help Big Cat Rescue at the same time. Purchase a one year subscription to Petsumer Report Online today.
It’s simple to login after purchase. Go to www.TruthAboutPetFood.com. Click on the link at the top right of the page that says “Just Purchased Petsumer Report? Click Here to Register your subscription”. On the following page – enter the User Name and Password of your choice and your order number provided in your receipt email – and you’re set. Within minutes you can be scanning and comparing hundreds of different dog foods, cat foods, and treats. Return anytime to check out new reviews – 24/7. For all follow up logins go to www.TruthAboutPetFood.com. Click on the link at the top left of the page that says ‘Login to Petsumer Report’. Enter your User Name and Password. It’s that simple!
One more bonus available ONLY to supporters of Big Cat Rescue…
Instead of just one year, I’ll add an additional three months to your Petsumer Report Online subscription. Now…15 months for the one year subscription price of $17.95 – and $5.00 of every sale goes to benefit Big Cat Rescue.
This is a limited time offer. Don’t put it off another day!
Click Here to Order and Take Advantage of this Special Offer
Please note: This special offer to benefit Big Cat Rescue is ONLY available on the special page link above. You can read more about Petsumer Report at www.PetsumerReport.com or learn more about pet food at www.TruthAboutPetFood.com – but to help Big Cat Rescue and receive the bonus three months on your subscription – you MUST make your purchase on the Special Big Cat Rescue page linked above.
Link to Shopping Cart Page for Big Cat Rescue Special Offer:
Show Comments (0)