Due to COVID-19 we had to stop tours, which was the income that paid salaries for people to handle our many programs, including our recycling program.
Without the benefit of the tour revenue we had to reduce our paid workforce from 20 people to 12 and two of them (Howard and Carole) stopped taking paychecks while continuing to work full time. As a result there is no one available to accept, sort and recycle your ink cartridges, toners and small electronics. Recycling is so important for the planet, I do hope you will find local alternatives that can accept and properly recycle your items.
The following does not apply until further notice:
Your Discarded Ink Cartridges & Laser Toners & Small Electronics can help all the Lions, Tigers and many Other Cats
Thank you for your interest in our ink recycling program to generate funds to help feed the cats.
We are in partnership with Green and Evolve Recycling which are the leading collector and recyclers of used ink and toner cartridges and other items.
What items can we recycling ? Any types of these:
Laser/Toner Cartridges (Evolve Recycling only- please specify this when emailing Ink@bigcatrecue.org)
Cell Phones & Accessories
GPS & Radar Detectors
Video Game & Consoles
Recycling toner bottles (plastic bottles with screw-on lids) are not recyclable.
1. If you need labels, please email Ink@bigcatrescue.org. Include in your email what item(s) you have to recycle. You will receive an email with a label to print and use. Please do not make copies of the label. Print a new label for each box and apply one label per box. Attach the label to your shipment and leave it for your UPS driver or take it to your nearest UPS drop-off location.
******Evolve Recycling recently changed the address on their YELLOW labels. Please make sure your label say Hodgkins, IL on it. If it does not please reach out to use to get new labels sent to you.
2. Evolve requests that the minimum quantity for returns in a carton is 20 items. Fewer items if VERY large, like the laser print cartridge. You may mix them, but please wrap ink jets/toners separately within the returned carton.
3. Cartons must be no larger than 20″W x 20″H x 24″D and no heavier than 20 pounds.
4. Damaged items do not qualify, please carefully pack items using bubble wrap or newspaper as a cushion between items; use the original toner boxes when available. Evolve can not recycle Copier Toners.
5. Tape the box shut when full, affix the label on top and take it to a UPS pickup (Staples/Office Depot/Office Max/ UPS). Do not call UPS for a pickup; they charge you $10 per call! (for locations, www.ups.com/locations )
6. Please email me with any questions: ink@BigCatRescue. org.
Our recycling program has generated enough to care for a tiger or two for a year!
With your help we hope this recycling program will continue to be a success.
Monica Spires Big Cat Rescue AdvoCat
Volunteer Recycle Program Coordinator
This is a wonderful way to help the cats and save the environment at the same time at no cost to you. Thanks very much for supporting the cats in this way!
PLEASE ENCOURAGE OTHERS YOU KNOW TO PARTICIPATE AS WELL!
If you have any questions or problems, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll do our best to help. Thanks!
Did you know these recycle facts?
More than 54 million households, roughly 55% of the total population, own a home computer.
The average consumer purchases 2-6 printer cartridges per year.
More than 85% of used printer cartridges are simply tossed in the trash.
Every 2 seconds a printer cartridge is thrown away in the United States alone.
That’s 1,800 cartridges per minute, 108,000 per hour, almost 3 million per day!
Recovering discarded printer cartridges for recycling would prevent more than 570,000 tons of plastics from entering the waste stream. Save the environment and save the big cats! Start recycling today!