Big Cat Updates
Keeper Lauren’s Coordinator Report for July 17, 2017
We had another busy day today…
The front side of Pharoah’s cage was cleaned. He got a second Koolaroo bed and new grass added, cleaning team will water it each day. He was given access to that section.
The back side of Little Dove’s cage was cleaned up, she was also given access.
The interns helped Victor move tile into the new gift shop.
The gutters were cleaned out on the gift shop and the staff office.
Fly traps were changed in a number of big cat sections, a list of what was done is on the board in foodprep.
Most of the cats ate well and a number of operant/enrichment sign offs were done. Cameron really likes pork and boned turkey today.
The project interns spent the last hour of the day writing appeal letters.
Dade City’s Wild Things moves 22 tigers to GW Zoo in Oklahoma despite a federal court order restricting her from doing so and newborn cubs die on the way. Owner says only 19 tigers arrive. Are you ready to make the call of the wild yet? Don’t let their lives be in vain. Please take action at BigCatAct.com
Popsicles For Big Cats!
As the summer months get hot and humid here in Florida, what better way to cool of than with an ice cold treat of a bloodsicle. Learn how they are made, and watch our big cats enjoy them!
This photo was submitted by Viewer Donna Morefield: Can YOU find the tiger?
PROJECT: Odd Holiday Sharing Photos
Odd national holidays such as Donut Day, National Stick Out Your Tongue Day. Wouldn’t it be fun to make photos with captions for these wacky holidays to share on those days?
Volunteers so far:
- Make Calendar – Matthew and Dianna
- Make the holiday photos – Donna Morefield (she could use help)
- Some kind of photo or graphics editing software & understanding how to use it
Sample: Today is National Sour Candy Day
Collage by Donna Morefield
Keeper Mary Lou: Priya, are you ready for another nap, ALREADY? That’s what happens when you stay up all night flirting and showing off for Hoover!
Viewer Carol Blauser Rhodes: Here is a photo of Miss Amanda when we were on our Private Tour in May. She looked like she wanted to get us for looking at her brother. She was way in the back and I zoomed in.
TJ’s hardback photo book, TJ, The Aquatic Tiger, will be headed off the the publisher in the next few days. At that time we will need to know exactly how many books to add to our order. If you have not yet reserved your book, you can do that at this link: https://big-cat-rescue.myshopify.com/products/book-tj-the-aquatic-tiger-memorial-pre-order
The book was due to go to the publisher July 17th, but it has been delayed until the 20th.
I just found out that CamOp Kristine M. has a YouTube channel with videos of the cats so sharing a couple. They are fairly recent. Enjoy.
Here is a list of YouTube channels that feature videos of the cats here:
- Jamie Veronica: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY6X3rUv8UlIUbrxNeu-Aw
- Susann https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUFOZiTvzKRvj-oVbzdByvg
- Ruxandra https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvCsjKptd1gM9BhfDkGQGNg
- Donna P: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFbhMc8Sqr-8MreWuYr4Bg
- Shawna https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfl9S-vDPJIgjl8QpM6Aypw
- Kristine M: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxO8d6NWsTNpSaw93j-AcgQ
- Cathy S https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ynHBFLKj0BVnK5jo2gTnw
- Janie M https://www.youtube.com/user/donutgirl100
- Jaime T: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY_oF0NhXc5OS8CcTaUi2A/videos
Big Cat Rescue’s website has well over 10,000 pages. From time to time pages get updated and new pages are always being added.
Pages to Check Out:
- Big Cat Rescue’s International Tiger Day 2017 Project – Please join us in saving wild tigers from drowning in open wells!Big Cat Rescue will match the profit from your purchases of our International Tiger Day merchandise – and any donations you make on that merchandise page – dollar for dollar up to $5000 and donate it to the Corbett Foundation’s Insitu work to protect wild tigers, leopards and other animals in India from falling into open farm wells. The funds will be used to construct fences around the wells, keeping the big cats from falling into these very deep wells and drowning. SEE This Page for more info and photos!
As per viewer suggestions, Quick Links now has it’s very own page http://bigcatrescue.org/quick-links/
Bookmarking it will help you find things quickly. That will come in handy for:
- Helping us answer questions on social media
- Finding answers to some of Carole’s Facebook Live questions
WANTED – Graphic Artists
Carole is looking for a graphic artist who really gets what we are all about and would would like to help us with some graphics for shirts. If that is you or if you know someone like that, please have them email Carole at email@example.com