Big Cat Updates
International Tiger Day Update
ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT until International Tiger Day, Caturday, July 29, 2017 Do you have your gear, yet?
Priya tigress has just created this pawsome original piece of art for the random winner of our International Tiger Day drawing!! We will be asking you to share pictures of yourself with your ITD merchandise on our Facebook page on Saturday for a chance to win this purrfect piece of art!
Right now we are $109 from reaching our goal of donating $10,000 to the Corbett Foundation’s important work protecting wild tigers, leopards and lions in India from falling into open farm wells!!
If you’d still like to honor our beloved TJ tiger and help us reach our goal, it’s not too late to make a purchase at Tigers911.com
To Recap: Big Cat Rescue will donate the profit from all purchases of our International Tiger Day merchandise and any donations made on the ITD merchandise page — plus we will MATCH THE PROFIT DOLLAR FOR DOLLAR up to $5000. The money will be used to construct chain-link fences around the wells (cost is about $100 per well) to keep big cats from falling into these very deep wells and drowning. About 2500 of these open farm wells exist, many in the core zone of the Bandhavgarh Tiger Reserve.
THANK YOU to everyone who has already purchased our ITD merchandise and made donations! You guys are AMAZING!
Here is the link to watch Cooper, the 12 week old bobcat rehab kitten. https://video.nest.com/live/lRCsz1Y7eh From that nest cam you can record video clips or capture snapshots. If you do, please share them with the rest of us.
Viewer Shawna Prested: Cooper is really trying to escape this morning! Cooper wants you to know that if he had opposable thumbs, he’d blow this Popsicle stand! He needs to stay in the hospital just a little longer before going out to the large rehab cage to learn how to hunt and grow big and strong so he can be released back to the wild.
Learn more about Cooper at: http://BigCatRescue.org/cooper/ On that page there is also a link to his live web cam.
Dryden, Dryden, what BEAUTIFUL eyes you have. Photo by Keeper MaryLou
Photo by Keeper Mary Lou: Nala Serval can frequently be found, these days, snoozing on her beloved Coolaroo bed. Do NOT even think about asking her to share it.
I cannot even begin to tell you how much ALL OF US, here at Big Cat Rescue, LOVE the chat group on Explore.org/bigcatrescue. If you are not part of that group, YOU are really missing out!!!
Hop on over to Explore.org/bigcatrescue and scroll down to the chat group below and join the fun! Photos photos, videos, and other cat related and BCR related stuff. You will have a blast. We LOVE that chat group!!!
Here is a list of YouTube channels that feature videos of the cats here:
- Jamie Veronica: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY6X3rUv8UlIUbrxNeu-Aw
- Susann https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUFOZiTvzKRvj-oVbzdByvg
- Ruxandra https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvCsjKptd1gM9BhfDkGQGNg
- Donna P: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFbhMc8Sqr-8MreWuYr4Bg
- Shawna https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfl9S-vDPJIgjl8QpM6Aypw
- Cathy S https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ynHBFLKj0BVnK5jo2gTnw
- Jaime T: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsY_oF0NhXc5OS8CcTaUi2A/videos
REMINDER: If cub abuse is to be stopped we NEED the Big Cat Public Safety Act passed into law. PLEASE, PLEASE, go to BigCatAct.com and follow easy instructions there to make the Call of the Wild. YOUR VOICE where it can ACTUALLY make a difference! Until enough of you step up and take that action cub abuse will not only continue but will flourish. So, PLEASE, HELP STOP IT by going to BigCatAct.com and making the call of the wild!! Make that call, EVERY WEEK!
Big Cat Rescue’s website has well over 10,000 pages. From time to time pages get updated and new pages are always being added.
- Cooper: Newest bobcat rehab kitten
Pages to Check Out:
- Big Cat Rescue’s International Tiger Day 2017 Project – Please join us in saving wild tigers from drowning in open wells!Big Cat Rescue will match the profit from your purchases of our International Tiger Day merchandise – and any donations you make on that merchandise page – dollar for dollar up to $5000 and donate it to the Corbett Foundation’s Insitu work to protect wild tigers, leopards and other animals in India from falling into open farm wells. The funds will be used to construct fences around the wells, keeping the big cats from falling into these very deep wells and drowning. SEE This Page for more info and photos!
As per viewer suggestions, Quick Links now has it’s very own page http://bigcatrescue.org/quick-links/
Bookmarking it will help you find things quickly. That will come in handy for:
- Helping us answer questions on social media
- Finding answers to some of Carole’s Facebook Live questions
WANTED – Graphic Artists
Carole is looking for a graphic artist who really gets what we are all about and would would like to help us with some graphics for shirts. If that is you or if you know someone like that, please have them email Carole at firstname.lastname@example.org