Help JOSEPH spread the word & WIN
a $20 gift certificate to use in our gift shop! If you get the most people to click on your link to Big Cat Week TODAY – All you need to do is sign up at the link below (we won’t sell or share your info) to get your unique tracking link…. Then post it to facebook/twitter and who ever gets the most clicks by midnight Pacific Time tonight gets the $20 gift certificate! http://bcw.bigcatrescue.org/
*NEW* 662 Free Big Cat eCards Christmas Framed Photos
We have posted new Christmas eCards. These big cat photos have been inserted into decorative Christmas frames.
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Leopards
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Cougars Set 3
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Geoffroy Cat Set 2
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Barbary Lion
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas African Lion Set 3
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Snow Leopard Set 2
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Tiger Shere Khan
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Tiger With Ball
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Tigers Khan n China
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas White Tiger Set 2
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Siberian Lynx
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas Tiger China Doll
- – Free Big Cat eCards – Christmas African Servals
anniversary event is now viewable on GTI’s YouTube Channel.
The transcript of Mr. Zoellick’s remarks is also available, along with Karen Davis’s ‘Joy of Nature’ piano recital that followed the special event:
Round Table in Entirety (1 hour, 57 minutes)
President Zoellick – Initial Remarks (12 minutes)
President Zoellick – Response to Tiger Range Countries (10 minutes)
Robert Hormats – United States Under Secretary of State (8.5 minutes)
Vadim Grishin – Executive Director for Russia, World Bank (5 minutes)
Rachel Kyte – Vice President, Sustainable Development Network, World Bank (5 minutes)
A Musical Celebration of the St. Petersburg Tiger Summit (50 minutes)
Hello fellow animal lovers. The Hillsborough County BOCC passed the attached resolution today that will go a long way to see that the cats of Hillsborough County will live a full life. ThisTNR resolution will help secure funds in the form of grants from organizations that offer such funds to communities that support the humane treatment of animals.
I would like to thank the Animal Advisory Committee and Hillsborough County Animals Services for working together to see that this resolution was passed by a unanimous 7-0 vote!
Finally, I want you to know that commissioner Ken Hagan and his aide Steve McGlocklin made this happen with their meticulous preparation and planning.
I was there for the vote today and I know how long and how many people put in countless hours to get this passed. To them I say Thank You. I shed a tear of happiness when this resolution passed, I needed some good news and man did I get it.
Thank you all, Jack
RESOLUTION NO. 2011-
A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
OF HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, FLORIDA, RECOGNIZING TRAP-NEUTER-RETURN
TO BETTER CONTROL COMMUNITY CAT POPULATION
WHEREAS,Hillsborough County has a community cat population that continually produces offspring; and
WHEREAS, trapping, neutering, vaccinating, treating for injury or illness and returning (TNR) community cats to their habitats has been recognized by organizations such as the National Animal Control Association (NACA) and the Humane Society of United States (HSUS) as a cost effective method that may help reduce the number of community cats; and
WHEREAS, TNR is a humane alternative to controlling the community cat population by trapping and euthanasia; and
WHEREAS,someprivate animal welfare organizations offer financial programs to assist with TNR costs.
NOW, THEREFORE,be it resolved by the Board of County Commissioners of Hillsborough County, Florida, that:
1. The Board of County Commissioners officially recognizes and applauds individuals and/or organizations that provide funding for TNR operations within Hillsborough County.
2. The Board of County Commissioners also recognizes TNR programs that comply both with federal, state, and local laws and guidelines established by the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and the Humane Society of the United States for TNR, as another means to reduce the community cat population in addition to trapping and euthanizing.
3. This Resolution shall become effective immediately upon its adoption.
DONE AND RESOLVED this day of , 2011.
STATE OF FLORIDA
COUNTY OF HILLSBOROUGH
I, Pat Frank, Clerk of the Circuit Court and Ex Officio Clerk of the Board of County Commissioners of Hillsborough County, Florida, do hereby certify that the above and foregoing is a true and correct copy of a Resolutions adopted by the Board at its regular meeting of , 2011, as the same appears of record in Minute Book of the Public Records of Hillsborough County, Florida.
WITNESS my hand and official seal this day of , 2011.
CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT
New Photos of the Big Cats